Thursday, August 9, 2012

Re-covering the old chairs



I spent some of my week off re-upholstering my Dining room chairs.  As you can see by the above picture they were very well used.  This was my Grandparents set that I inherited a few years back and have been staring at them for some time wanting to redo but also nervous about it, not having done this type of project before.  I always remember as a child a) not being able to sit on them until we got older because my Grandmother wanted them to stay nice .  and b)  They were beautiful from what I remembered.  I guess in their later day moves the fabric finally gave way.  They are probably at least 60 years old. 






So I finally sucked it up.   Bought the material and sat one afternoon to start and finished all 6 chairs. It was really hot out but I had the time and was determined to finish before my vacation was over.  I hope my Grandparents would be proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment